- New-to-market product format – easier to swallow without drinking immediately afterwards
- Speeds energy delivery to working muscles with C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix
- Helps replace the key electrolyte (sodium) lost in sweat providing 200 mg sodium per pouch
- Easy to open pouch eliminates litter and performance interference with a rip tab “Trash Chain”
- Ingenious and refreshing flavors with and without caffeine
CARB GEL INNOVATION – MORE WATER, EASIER TO SWALLOW.
The C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix, in PowerBar® PowerGel™ Hydro Energy Gels, is designed for rapid absorption and transport of energy to working muscles to help improve endurance performance. And with more water so it’s easier to swallow.
24 x 67ml PowerGel™ Hydro Energy Gels
Water, C2max Dual Source Carb Mix (Maltodextrin, Fructose, Apple Juice Concentrate, Orange Juice Concentrate), And 2% Or Less Of: Salt, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavors.
Mojito (50mg caffeine)
Water, C2max Dual Source Carb Mix (Maltodextrin, Fructose, Apple Juice Concentrate, Lime Juice Concentrate), And 2% Or Less Of: Salt, Sodium Citrate, Natural Flavors, Caffeine, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavors.
- Consume 1 to 4 PowerGel™ Hydro Energy Gel pouches with water per hour of training or racing.
- Take into consideration that PowerGel™ Hydro Mojito flavor contains 50mg of caffeine per pouch.
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (1)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Target: Latest evidence-based guidelines suggest approximately 3 mg of caffeine per kg bodyweight for endurance performance improvement before or during endurance activities (2).
- For a 50kg (110 lb) person, 150mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 75kg (165 lb) person, 225mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 100kg (220 lb) person, 300mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
|Product||Mgs of Caffeine per pouch|
|PowerGel™ Green Apple Original Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Mojito Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Cola PowerShots Gel Filled Energy Chews||75g/pouch|
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)
- Asker Jeukendrup. Carb mixes and benefits. May 14, 2015. Downloaded April 8, 2019. http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2015/05/14/Carb-mixes-and-benefits
- LM Burke , AE Jeukendrup, AM Jones, M Mooses. Contemporary Nutrition Strategies to Optimize Performance in Distance Runners and Race Walkers. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, (Ahead of Print) https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2019-0004.
- EP de Oliveira, RC Burini, AE Jeukendrup. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations. Sports Medicine May 2014, Volume 44, Supplement 1, pp 79–85. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40279-014-0153-2#/page-1.