Consume 1 to 2 PowerBar® Energize bars with a minimum of 16 ounces of water per hour of training or racing
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (1)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerBar® Energize Energy Bar
PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Target: Latest evidence-based guidelines suggest approximately 3 mg of caffeine per kg bodyweight for endurance performance improvement before or during endurance activities (2).
- For a 50kg (110 lb) person, 150mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 75kg (165 lb) person, 225mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 100kg (220 lb) person, 300mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
|Product||Mgs of Caffeine per pouch|
|PowerGel™ Green Apple Original Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Mojito Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Cola Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||75mg/pouch|
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)
- Asker Jeukendrup. Carb mixes and benefits. May 14, 2015. Downloaded April 8, 2019. http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2015/05/14/Carb-mixes-and-benefits
- LM Burke , AE Jeukendrup, AM Jones, M Mooses. Contemporary Nutrition Strategies to Optimize Performance in Distance Runners and Race Walkers. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, (Ahead of Print) https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2019-0004.
- EP de Oliveira, RC Burini, AE Jeukendrup. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations. Sports Medicine May 2014, Volume 44, Supplement 1, pp 79–85. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40279-014-0153-2#/page-1.
All PowerBar products are shown in the Cologne List®, and as a result we can offer athletes even more security and trust. The Cologne List® is one of the leading service platforms that list sports nutrition products tested for prohibited substances under strict certification processes.