Consume 1 to 2 PowerBar® Energize bars with a minimum of 16 ounces of water per hour of training or racing
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (1)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerBar® Energize Energy Bar
PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Target: Latest evidence-based guidelines suggest approximately 3 mg of caffeine per kg bodyweight for endurance performance improvement before or during endurance activities (2).
- For a 50kg (110 lb) person, 150mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 75kg (165 lb) person, 225mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 100kg (220 lb) person, 300mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
|Product||Mgs of Caffeine per pouch|
|PowerGel™ Green Apple Original Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Mojito Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Cola Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||75mg/pouch|
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)
- Asker Jeukendrup. Carb mixes and benefits. May 14, 2015. Downloaded April 8, 2019. http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2015/05/14/Carb-mixes-and-benefits
- LM Burke , AE Jeukendrup, AM Jones, M Mooses. Contemporary Nutrition Strategies to Optimize Performance in Distance Runners and Race Walkers. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, (Ahead of Print) https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2019-0004.
- EP de Oliveira, RC Burini, AE Jeukendrup. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations. Sports Medicine May 2014, Volume 44, Supplement 1, pp 79–85. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40279-014-0153-2#/page-1.
All PowerBar products are shown in the Cologne List®, and as a result we can offer athletes even more security and trust. The Cologne List® is one of the leading service platforms that list sports nutrition products tested for prohibited substances under strict certification processes.
I love these bars. Been using these since the 90s and I am so happy they’re back!
After years of trying countless different bars, gels, drinks, and nutrition strategies, I find the Original Bar’s taste and texture a welcome friend in my jersey pocket these days. Tried, true, and reliable energy for the long haul days.
PowerBar, please don’t ever stop making these. They are simply the pinnacle of my carb routine. I not only use them for after workout sessions to replenish lost glycogen, but the glucose in them helps fuel my brain for my highly rigorous study sessions (engineering major) as well!
The taste of the berry flavor is truly divine and I don’t know what I’d do without access to these body/brain treats. Please, never stop being who you are as a company, and never stop making these bars!
Loved these growing up, sad to see my favorite flaver banana seem to no longer be made.
Love these bars wish I could find banana flavor again. Been eating these since the 90s. Even my teen loves them!
Banana was a good flavor! We are so happy to hear you and your teen are such a fan of the products! Do you have another favorite flavor?