- Speeds energy delivery to working muscles with the quickly absorbable C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix
- Contains 5 Electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium, magnesium and calcium) to replace those lost in sweat and drive hydration
- Natural Flavors
MAX Hydration and Energy
The C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix, in PowerBar® IsoActive Drink Mix, is designed for rapid absorption and transport of energy to working muscles to help improve endurance performance. And contains 5 Electrolytes to help replace electrolytes lost in sweat and to drive hydration
C2max Dual Source Carb Mix (Glucose. Maltodextrin, Fructose), And 2% Or Less Of: Sodium Citrate, Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Lactate, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Beet Juice Powder (Color). Made On Equipment That Also Processes Milk And Soy.
- Combine PowerBar® IsoActive with PowerGel™ Original, Hydro and Shots to help meet your energy and fluid needs during training sessions and races.
- Drinking plans for most athletes and most endurance activities will be approximately 0.4 to 0.8 Liters per hour (13.5 to 27 oz per hour) although this needs to be tailored to:
- the athlete’s tolerance and experience
- their opportunities for drinking fluids
- the benefits of consuming carbohydrate in drink form vs gel or other product form (1).
- However, since there is a wide range of sweating rates, a customized approach is preferred over a standard drinking protocol (1).
- To prevent drinking too much or too little, practice drinking during workouts to prevent any fluid weight gain.
- To prevent dehydration-related decreases in performance, limit net fluid weight loss to 2-3% of body weight. Example: 150 pound athlete should aim to finish a session or race between 147 and 150 pounds.
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (2)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Gut Comfort Tips
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)
- Nutrition and Athletic Performance. Joint position statement of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Dietitians of Canada (DC), and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: March 2016 – Volume 48:3 – p 543–568.
- Asker Jeukendrup. Carb mixes and benefits. May 14, 2015. Downloaded April 8, 2019. http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2015/05/14/Carb-mixes-and-benefits
- EP de Oliveira, RC Burini, AE Jeukendrup. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations. Sports Medicine May 2014, Volume 44, Supplement 1, pp 79–85. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40279-014-0153-2#/page-1.