- Formulated with C2MAX, a dual-source energy blend that delivers 50% more energy to working muscles.
- 39g of carbs and 190-230mg of sodium per bar.
- Non-GMO, no artificial colors, and no preservatives.
- Good source of magnesium.
Energize Original Bar
POWERBAR DEVELOPED THE WORLD’S FIRST CARB BAR IN 1986!
The Energize Bar Original is a great carbohydrate choice and easy to chew. C2MAX provides a scientifically developed carbohydrate mix with a 2:1 ratio of glucose and fructose which speeds energy to working muscles. The Energize Bar helps replenish the key electrolyte (sodium) lost in sweat with 190-230mg of sodium per bar.
25 x 41g Energize Original Bar / Chocolate and the Variety Pack are currently out of stock
12 x 41g Energize Original Bar – Variety Pack
FRUCTOSE-GLUCOSE SYRUP, RICE CRISPS (RICE, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, PALM OIL, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, SALT), RICE FLOUR, MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, OAT BRAN, MALTODEXTRIN, REDUCED FAT COCOA POWDER, ROLLED OATS, GROUND ALMONDS, UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE, AND 2% OR LESS OF NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM CITRATE, FRUCTOSE, GLYCEROL, SALT, MAGNESIUM CARBONATE. CONTAINS: ALMOND, MILK, WHEAT. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES COCONUT, HAZELNUT, PEANUT, SOY.
Cookies & Cream
FRUCTOSE-GLUCOSE SYRUP, OAT BRAN, RICE FLOUR, MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, RICE CRISPS (RICE, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, PALM OIL, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR), MALTODEXTRIN, DARK CHOCOLATE BISCUITS (WHEAT FLOUR, SUGAR, PALM OIL, REDUCED FAT COCOA POWDER, CANOLA OIL, GLUCOSE, SKIM MILK POWDER, SODIUM CARBONATE, TARTARIC ACID, BARLEY MALT), GROUND ALMONDS, ROLLED OATS, AND 2% OR LESS OF GLYCEROL, SODIUM CITRATE, FRUCTOSE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, MAGNESIUM CARBONATE, SALT. CONTAINS: ALMOND, MILK, WHEAT. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES COCONUT, HAZELNUT, PEANUT, SOY.
FRUCTOSE-GLUCOSE SYRUP, FRUIT PUREE (SUGAR, RASPBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, CHERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, STRAWBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, FRUCTOSE, LACTOSE, APPLE PUREE, RASPBERRY, STRAWBERRY, APPLE, PECTIN, PALM OIL, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORING), MALTODEXTRIN, ROLLED OATS, MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, RICE CRISPS (RICE, SUGAR, WHEAT GLUTEN, PALM OIL, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, SALT), GROUND ALMONDS, AND 2% OR LESS OF SODIUM CITRATE, CANOLA OIL, BEETROOT JUICE CONCENTRATE (COLOR), CITRIC ACID, MAGNESIUM CARBONATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, SALT. CONTAINS: ALMOND, MILK, WHEAT. MADE ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO PROCESSES COCONUT, HAZELNUT, PEANUT, SOY.
- Consume 1 to 2 PowerBar® Energize bars with water per hour of training or racing
Consume 30-90 grams of C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products per hour of activity (1)
- Target: Up to a 2-3 hrs session/race, 30-60g/hr
- Target: For sessions/races longer than 2-3 hrs, 30-90g/hr
- For best results, start consuming soon after starting exercise and then regularly throughout
- Mix and match from the following C2Max Dual Source Carb Mix-containing products to hit your target hourly carb intake range – see note immediately below about caffeine-containing products
|Product||Grams of C2MAX Dual Source Carb Mix per pouch/serving|
|PowerBar® Energize Energy Bar
PowerGel™ Original Energy Gel
|PowerGel™ Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||25g/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||48g/pouch|
|PowerBar® IsoActive||29g per 16oz serving|
Target: Latest evidence-based guidelines suggest approximately 3 mg of caffeine per kg bodyweight for endurance performance improvement before or during endurance activities (2).
- For a 50kg (110 lb) person, 150mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 75kg (165 lb) person, 225mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
- For a 100kg (220 lb) person, 300mg from all sources (food, beverage, etc.)
|Product||Mgs of Caffeine per pouch|
|PowerGel™ Green Apple Original Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Mojito Hydro Liquid Energy Gel||50mg/pouch|
|PowerGel™ Cola Shots Gel Filled Energy Chews||75mg/pouch|
- Practice and Train Your Gut
- Always try first in training to see what works best for you
- Recent research suggests you may be able to train yourself to consume more with practice (3)
- Asker Jeukendrup. Carb mixes and benefits. May 14, 2015. Downloaded April 8, 2019. http://www.mysportscience.com/single-post/2015/05/14/Carb-mixes-and-benefits
- LM Burke , AE Jeukendrup, AM Jones, M Mooses. Contemporary Nutrition Strategies to Optimize Performance in Distance Runners and Race Walkers. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, (Ahead of Print) https://doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2019-0004.
- EP de Oliveira, RC Burini, AE Jeukendrup. Gastrointestinal Complaints During Exercise: Prevalence, Etiology, and Nutritional Recommendations. Sports Medicine May 2014, Volume 44, Supplement 1, pp 79–85. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs40279-014-0153-2#/page-1.